Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM not working?

Aagggh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I changed my sim only to unlimited data and chose to use an eSIM. I left the old one in at first and couldn’t receive calls.

there were loads of new options under mobile data that I didn’t understand.

so I removed the old plastic sim but still I have no mobile data. There are loads of options under mobile data like business line, eSIM (which wanted a qr code??) 

so in a nutshell I have changed to eSIM but it isn’t working / set up correctly. Of course I have been in help but nothing there and jo means of actually speaking to someone so here I am. Please help

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Aagggh 

You need to choose the esim to use mobile data in the network settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Lcw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been 19 days now for me with no service since choosing an eSIM 

Message 3 of 5

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9651 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Yes @Lcw, the advice from some of the regular members of this forum is try to avoid eSIMs unless you actually need one ; don't take one by choice ! 👍 

Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8103 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

19 days late for the OP though, but good advice for the furure

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5