Charges abroad

Edie_lynch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

H

ello,

I have been charged a huge amount of money for calls that I have not answered. 

I have recently been in Bangladesh for 2 weeks on a work trip.

I was out of the country from:5th May to17th May. 

I didn’t ring or answer any of the spam calls I received whilst there yet have been charge £2 a call. I didn’t use my data out there or ring anyone. Therefore I do not want to be charged for these junk calls. 

I would like these charges removed from my phone bill. I have proof I didn’t answer any of the spam calls received as they are all red on my past call list which I have attached below. 

please help!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Edie_lynch 

If you didn't turn off your voicemail, any calls that reached your voicemail, regardless of a message being left, will result in a minimum 1 minute call charge, for which you are responsible for.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8135 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1664 Solutions

And on many phone standard set ups rejecting a call will forward to to voicemail.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94426 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Yes a minimum of £2 per minute as soon as voicemail is initiated irrespective of no message being left

Spam calls are a nightmare when voicemail is active

Call customer service and a sympathetic adviser may make a goodwill gesture on your account.

As said, your responsibility so the goodwill gesture is by no means a given

Also try the social media platforms in the link below

No one on here has access to customers' accounts so you need to look elsewhere for  any kind of resolution to your issue

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24077 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

@Edie_lynch Cold comfort I'm sure after receiving a large bill, but for future reference: 

All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901. - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5