Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reliability of O2 network

Mokola
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How strong is the O2 network coverage in the NorthWest?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149971 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Mokola 

You can get a rough guide here O2 Service Status

However, best to check with a PAYG sim yourself before taking a contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 149971 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Mokola 

You can get a rough guide here O2 Service Status

However, best to check with a PAYG sim yourself before taking a contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 94379 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

My personal experience is that the O2 network has been steadily declinining over the past few years in Lancashire despite O2's 5G expansion which has only hit the big cities and towns.

Manchester is diabolical and Liverpool had just about the best coverage and connection, although not a patch on EE's overall excellence

Message 3 of 8

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8124 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

I'm in Liverpool and things are not bad here. (Don't have 5G at home but Three and EE do). Went to town centre Warrington and the network was oversubscribed. Data speeds were impossible to do anything meaningful. Data speeds is something to check. Having to drop down to 3G to do things is a pain.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 8

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38835 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

And 3G is now being wiped out in some countries, Germany switched off the last 3G service in July 2021, even o2.de service is now 4G/LTE or higher. Not sure what the plan for 3G in UK is, but I agree O2 is slipping down the ranks in signal strength if not geographical coverage. Makes you wonder why some people report better than O2 service levels with their Tesco mobile or GiffGaff phone, given they all use O2's infrastructure 🤷

Message 5 of 8

Arasheed
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 114 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

Put the postcode and check 😉

Message 6 of 8

Enlli
  • 8124 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

@pgn Both Vodafone and EE have indicated their 3G will be closed down by the end of 2023 (Vodafone have already shifted much of the 2100 3G over to 4G)

Three say 3G will go by the end of 2024.

AFIK 02 have made no announcements 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 8

Enlli
  • 8124 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

@Arasheed wrote:

https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

Put the postcode and check 😉

But it does not indicate data speeds. Parts of Warrington have excellent coverage but terrible data speeds.

Maps have always been over optimistic 

Message 8 of 8