Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open and iPhone 14

angeloedades
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know why O2 Open and the new Apple iPhone 14 phones are not eligible for O2 Open discounts?

In the past, the discount was applicable at the beginning but now it isn't for the latest batch of phones. I am guessing there will be a time limit to apply the discount and it will become available after this time limit?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38792 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

As per the faq above:

Screenshot_20220918-093158.png

Social media channels shown below, @angeloedades.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
  • 38792 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Hi @angeloedades - all the info, including timespan for applying O2Open discount to a new phone here: Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

It is possible you'll have to wait for pre-orders to flag as shipped, info on that here, before you can apply O2Open to that phone model: 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/iPhone-14-amp-Apple-Watch-Megathread/m-p/1572297/highligh...

Good luck, hope your new phone ships soon!

Message 2 of 8

pgn
  • 38792 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

As per the faq above:

Screenshot_20220918-093158.png

Social media channels shown below, @angeloedades.

Message 3 of 8

angeloedades
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah, I read the info before I preordered but does anyone know why? 

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 126370 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@angeloedades 

In a word, no. 😉

I've been on the forum for years and it's always been custom and practice with 'flagship' phones. Usually iPhones, Samsung and Sony.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94349 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

It can be anything up to six months

One of the disadvantages of buying at launch as the 28 days is usually up before the open discount can be applied

It's been this way for years with flagship phones and particularly with iphones

Message 6 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12683 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

I did read somewhere one of the reasons is that open is only allowed once there is a steady flow of devices - which would make sense with new phones as o2 often only gets a set amount for launch, and they have to wait until there is a steady flow of product.

I'll see if I can find it and update with a link.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12683 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

Found it!

@Chris_K wrote:

When it comes to 'new' device launches like iPhone, they typically only become eligible for O2 Open discounts when we have 'free-flowing stock', or at least until we're in a much better position.

It's possible that you might be able to apply for your O2 Open discount if the device becomes eligible before your eligibility window ends, but it's impossible to know if or when the device will become eligible I'm afraid... It could be within two weeks, or it could be a month or longer. So if you get your device now, there's no guarantee it will be eligible for O2 Open before your eligibility window ends - O2 Open discounts need to requested within 28 days of the start of your contract.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Does-anyone-know-the-average-wait-for-a-new-iPhone-to-become/m-p... 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 8