Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle Non Payment

CaptainSlow88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In June, I upgraded from my iPhone 12 to a 14 Pro and O2 offered me £205 for my old device. I sent off the device via Recorded Delivery and could see at my end that it was received by O2 Recycle on 16th June.

As part of my agreement, the credit was to be put against my new tariff, which was I was happy with. However I first started getting reminders from O2 after the 16th June to make sure to send the device, which raised a few red flags. I got in touch with O2 and after a number of calls back and forward, they were able to confirm the device had been received on the 16th June but hadn't been processed for payment.

No big deal, and they were apologetic about this, and promised to get the payment made against my account. Fast forward to today and they still haven't paid out on my device. I have been getting in touch via phone and email (O2 Recycle email) every month my bill comes in and every time they have advised to make sure the payment is made, but here we are still without, and with me still paying for a device plan on a device that I don't even have.

I've sent yet another email to them this morning and they have promised to escalate this, but I'm not holding my breath.

Has anyone else had a similar situation, or know of a possible way to get around this?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@CaptainSlow88 

Having used O2 recycle a few times I can't say that I've ever had an issue, so far.

All I can suggest is that you keep pushing them to honour the agreement.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

CaptainSlow88
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I'll await their latest response and see how it pans out. I don't really want to have to get a third party involved so the quicker they can sort it out the better.

Disappointing service from O2 all round as they had promised me it was a simple process and would take effect from my next bill after upgrading, but here we are 4 months later and I'm still chasing them!

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@CaptainSlow88 

You can always raise a complaint through Resolver if nothing comes of it.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9651 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@CaptainSlow88 

If that has been going on since June, I would not hesitate to lodge a formal complaint. You have been given the complaints' link by @MI5. Please let us know how you get on. 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

Make sure you use resolver @CaptainSlow88 as then it will be monitored by an independent third party.

Message 6 of 8

CaptainSlow88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian @MI5 Thank you both for your help on this - I'll go ahead and lodge a complaint, and hopefully will make some progress with that. Thanks again.

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9651 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@CaptainSlow88 

Please keep us informed of developments and let us know if you require any more guidance. 

Message 8 of 8