Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scammed phone

Antonpep1980
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Back in July, scammers managed to take over my wife's 02 phone and built up an outstanding £1200 on her account. Although, we have been assured through lengthy calls to O2 customer service representatives that the amount has been wavered, the O2 system has being sending us emails to say that if we don't pay the outstanding amount we will be referred to a credit agency. I have made numerous calls to O2 customer service representatives, but they seem unable to fix the issues them selves, but have to refer the matter to their payments dept. Yesterday, O2 blocked all our going calls from my wife's phone. As a 75 year old, this makes her vulnerable when travelling alone.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94349 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

This looks like something you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about – give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Use the specific Payment management number  0800 902 0217

The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Sorry but we are all customers and there is no one on the community that can help with this

Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24065 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

@Antonpep1980 You'll need to persevere with customer service and Payment Management, but you'll be hard pressed to get anything resolved over the Bank Holiday weekend.

The alternative is to lodge a formal complaint, but we are given to understand that the wait time for a response is 8 weeks: How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3