cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I return missed call?

Anonymous
Not applicable

On my Galaxy Y  I missed a call whilst using the phone. O2 (I assume 🙂 kindly texted me imforming me I had missed this call which was from someone not in my contacts list. I could not find any way to return the call without separately making a note of the number and re-dialing it. If I selected the missed call in the history listing I just got the message and no apparant option to dial it?

I assume I am missing something!

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
OK, so what happens when you tap the call in question on the list. It "should" open the text and then if you long press on the number in the text it "should" bring up more options......If the phone didn't ring with that number it won't appear as a call log. If you are on contract you can turn on "call waiting" in settings which will alert you if you have a call coming in whilst on another call and also show the call in the log.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Click the log entry in missed calls and it will bring up another screen which should have a green phone handset symbol. Press the symbol to dial or in the text you received hold the number which will bring up more options, one of which is to dial the number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again for your responses. I cannot find a missed calls log, in my phone area ia Contacts, Groups, History, Activities. Am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks.
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
If I remember correctly you are running Gingerbread 2.3.6? It's been a long time since I was using a phone with that software so I'm trying to guess/remember..... I think History maybe the tab you need as this should list the recent calls, texts etc that you have sent and received. If not, I'll try a dig an old phone out later and have a better look for you.....

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes history lists all calls and texts made and missed calls. The one in question is listed as a received text but not as a missed call. Perhaps there is no way to do what I expect. Kies says I am on the latets firmware release for this phone?
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a thought...the PHONE never got the call as the 'exchange' knew the phone was busy! I just got a message saying it was missed so again perhaps I am expecting too much!
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
OK, so what happens when you tap the call in question on the list. It "should" open the text and then if you long press on the number in the text it "should" bring up more options......If the phone didn't ring with that number it won't appear as a call log. If you are on contract you can turn on "call waiting" in settings which will alert you if you have a call coming in whilst on another call and also show the call in the log.
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I deleted the message so I will have to 'create' another one later today and test your theory. Thanks for your help.
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
No problems... Hope it works out for you slight_smile
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

phone history should tell you missed calls

just a thought but your missed call text could be a spam, e.g. marketers looking for active numbers

I have had a few recently with that wording or with "your friend has no credit to call you so call them back +44XXXXXXXX"

if someone who has your number legitimately is trying to get hold of you they usually will

W

Message 10 of 11