Did you mean: 

Phone not recognising sim

Andymca
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

As my phone will only make calls, texts etc when I am on a wireless network, I took it to the O2 shop. They said for some reason the phone has stopped recognising the sim card, but they had no idea why, saying it was probably caused by an update. They would have to send it away to be repaired, but do not provide a replacement phone in the interim.

My problem is I am 58, single and diagnosed with acute COPD, where my lungs are only working at 32% capacity. As any infection could result in a stay in hospital, I cannot be without a phone in case of a medical emergency.

What can I do?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149987 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Andymca 

Get a cheap phone to put your sim in whilst yours is being repaired.

You can get one off Amazon for £20

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Andymca
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't see why I should have to pay for an O2 error though. I am already paying a monthly contract for  a phone that is not working.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149987 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Andymca 

O2 don't make phones so cannot control the quality or how they are used.

Loan phones stopped with COVID for obvious reasons, so if you want to stay connected, it's your only choice.

Ask around friends and family to see if they have an old phone in a drawer you could use.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4