Did you mean: 

Move from pay monthly to payg

Dubya1987
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi there

Looking for some help as the o2 service line were not hugely helpful on first calling and having issues getting an answer.

I am looking to move my pay monthly(o2) to a pay as you go (02). I'm out of contract- I've been with o2 for many years and I want to keep my number. I was told this wasn't possible but I don't believe them as my wife has done this.

Any ideas on the best way to do this? Do I need to speak with a service agent or can someone help me?

I have moved to another country temporarily so want some flexibility whilst I'm living out there.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38790 Posts
  • 242 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38790 Posts
  • 242 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

Dubya1987
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - do I have to call!? Or can I do online - there isn't any detail on this.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 126370 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@Dubya1987 

All info in the guide above.

To move from Pay Monthly to PAYG:

If on a Refresh contract any remaining settlement on your Device Plan will need clearing before the number can be migrated. If you don’t already have a PAYG SIM one can be ordered off your account, the available PAYG SIMs can be here. The earliest the migration can then take place is 7 days to ensure you have the SIM first. Alternatively you can wait until the SIM arrives and then request this, which the migration will then be within 24hrs of being requested. You’ll receive a final bill 14 days after disconnecting. This will have any final usage charges on and your termination fee if on a standard contract. This will then be due for payment 14 days later. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8104 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

If you do need a PAYG SIM it will have to be sent first to a UK address where someone can forward it on to you

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5