Did you mean: 

sasmung buds 2 pro for 1 pound 70 days later still nothing

gadget
Level 3: Thinker
  • 52 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

i understand this is just a o2 consumer forum rather than anything official but im having major problems with o2 CS and am getting nowhere so any advice is welcome

Still awaiting my free gift from 70 days ago contacted CS but all they say is we will contact the relevant department to send the code they do and the code is invalid. Contacted them again on monday saying this they apologised and said the code would be sent in 2/3 days its now friday and no code yet. 

Is my next step to ask to speak to a manager ?

i've spent 6 hrs either on webchat or on the phone speaking to 5 different CS agents and all they say is we will contact the relevant department. and nothing happens.

advice ?

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38865 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

There has been a guide released to cover some of these offers, see if there is anything in there to help, @gadget - Guide: Gift with Purchase  

Message 31 of 56

gadget
  • 52 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I haven't updated this for a while 

so the update is STILL NO CODE this is becoming all abit nosensical now 

I was given the email address of both CEO shortly before a manager took this on i was hoping he could resolve this he's supposed to be calling tomorrow to confirm i got the code and i was able to use it on the website.

Tomorrow will be 90 days from the date of my upgrade so the code will be then 60 days late the department dealing with this just isn't fit for purpose they don't have a scooby whats going on or how to resolve it. Customers left in limbo for months at the whim of this mysterious department who promise but never deliver. 

The compensation i will be expecting has doubled just in case Leon or resolver are reading these updates

Message 32 of 56

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12697 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

As per the advice on this guide @gadget Guide: Gift with Purchase  , contact the social media team to see if they can help

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 33 of 56

gadget
  • 52 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply i'm not sure how the social media team can help with this 

the problem is with the department who  deals with the codes and they aren't fit for purpose constant missing of deadlines no communication etc 

this is more my diary of events and warning to others if o2 ever decide to do this kind of promotion again.

Message 34 of 56

gmarkj
  • 12697 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

They are another route to getting customer services @gadget , and Dave (the community manager) said on another post that if people are struggling getting the code to contact them...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 35 of 56

gmarkj
  • 12697 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

There is also this advice from @MI5 :

@MI5 wrote:

Follow the advice given for no code.

1. If the Gift is not received and you remain on an eligible contract, then you should contact our Customer Service team on 0800 977 7337.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Galaxy-Buds-2Pro/m-p/1669942#M41882 

Message 36 of 56

gadget
  • 52 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i already have a resolver case and a manager dealing with it i believe both are linked as the calls i get regarding the missing code is  from the number resolver said would call from to get further information ending 0202.

thanks for the advice i'll wait to see how Leon plans to resolve this he said he would be phoning today to make sure i was able to use the code and everything went smoothly. Obviously i'll tell him no code has been sent.

I think the next stage would be to email the CEO  executive office but i've held back from doing that because i assumed Leon would be able to deal with it quicker i didn't expect a further two week wait.

Message 37 of 56

gadget
  • 52 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

further update 

After Leon decided not to contact me on wednesday or thursday

on the evening i sent an email to CEO asking them to help

today alittle over 14 hrs after the email i got a call from virgin from the executive office department i was told the code was ready and it was to be sent shortly. Shortly after the phone conversation i got the code via email.

I logged into my o2 account attempted to use the code but i got the same the code doesn't exist error as i got weeks ago when they sent me the first code. I then attempted the app and again the code didn't work. 

I then decided to attempt to use the code without logging into my account and it worked but i couldn't purchase the buds as you have to have an account to buy anything.

Once i logged in it then said i had to restart the order i did this and when entering the code it said this code has already been used. it can only be used once. I contacted the person i spoke to earlier and he said give it awhile then try again. 

I did this and once again as soon as i log into my account the code doesn't exist if i don't log into my account it does.

I decided that i wasn't going to spend my time trying to figure out how to do this i've spent enough time on the phone and writing these updates i'm on day 92 now.

I contacted the person again included photos of the error i was getting  etc and told him it was exactly the same error as before and i wasn't prepared to wait any longer and i expected the buds by monday he apologised and told me he would contact a senior manager and let me know over the weekend. 

has my marathon Buds story run its course will the buds finally be in my hands next week !!

Tune in for the next gripping installment to find out !!

Message 38 of 56

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9724 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@gadget 

Please keep us updated on developments. This could become a Netflix serial. 

Message 39 of 56

gadget
  • 52 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hopefully the next update will be the season finale 

i have no intention to star in the sequel / second series someone else can have that staring role.

Message 40 of 56