Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can I do??

SadFifer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I’ve once again been dumped after a 3 hour wait on the O2 app Chatline. Since joining I have not been able to get any mobile data at my postcode KY9 1HB. I’m paying for unlimited data. After several unanswered emails and “chats” I have now been told that if I pay £294.17 I can leave. Surely O2 has not fulfilled it’s part of the contract, I cannot get any of my “unlimited” data. Any suggestions for my next step, this has been a nightmare, if only I hadn’t taken that cold call from VM. 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11640 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@SadFifer 

Just looking at cellmapper and it looks like you really on the edge of coverage from the mast that covers that area (its on top of Forth Hill).. 

Added to the fact the coverage checker says this 

madasaf1sh_0-1696701360705.png

Means that if trying to use your phone indoors it wont work... Did you do any checks before signing up to o2... 

And also o2 will charge you to leave as per the terms and conditions? As they don't offer 100% Coverage (no network does)

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149971 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@SadFifer 

Guide here Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Complaints here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain if you're not getting satisfaction from customer service.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8124 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

Looks like it's a congested area

I notice there is a holiday park. Lot's of people with routers?

You say you took a cold call from O2. I suspect it was not O2 but one of their so called trusted partners. That may  complcate things

Screenshot_20231007_183228_My Network.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11640 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@SadFifer 

Just looking at cellmapper and it looks like you really on the edge of coverage from the mast that covers that area (its on top of Forth Hill).. 

Added to the fact the coverage checker says this 

madasaf1sh_0-1696701360705.png

Means that if trying to use your phone indoors it wont work... Did you do any checks before signing up to o2... 

And also o2 will charge you to leave as per the terms and conditions? As they don't offer 100% Coverage (no network does)

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 8

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9700 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@SadFifer 

If you do decide to leave O2, I suggest that you invest in PAYG SIMs for alternative networks and check which is the best for your address and the areas that you frequent.

There's no point in leaving O2 but moving to another network that is equally unsuitable for you needs.

Message 5 of 8

SadFifer
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I am now waiting for a reply to a further email. 

Message 6 of 8

SadFifer
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I see that I am unlikely to ever be able to use my mobile data indoors. Unfortunately I didn’t check coverage before I switched. 

Message 7 of 8

SadFifer
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, yes it was actually a cold call from Virgin Media that talked me into switching to 02, I should have said no and would have had time to do some checking re coverage. 

Message 8 of 8