Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new iPhone 11 and new O2 sim doesn't have a phone number

ClackersGuru
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wanted a new sim to start afresh on my new phone, and after putting in the sim and setting up the phone, I do not have a phone number and cannot make any calls.

How can I get this sorted, seeing as I just tried to phone o2 and they arent dealing with queries like this on the phone because it is not "urgent" enough.

Do I just text SWAP to a certain number? I dont understand.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126422 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Hi @ClackersGuru 

In this guide there are numerous numbers to call O2. Try any or all of them

Press any option.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

ClackersGuru
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I looked at that helpful guide, but my current new iPhone doesnt have a number to swap to (not does it recgnize any network), so I cannot do this on my own. Looks like I may have to leave my new phone on the shelf for a few months and use my decrepit iPhone 6S. wink

My deal was an upgrade (o2 Refresh), but as I was already out of contract (by over a year) I am not sure it counts as a proper upgrade.

Maybe I should have just taken out my old sim and put it in the new phone like everybody else?

Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 94426 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

How to here but be warned that transfers are taking much longer these days

If you still have your original sim use that in the new phone.

Transfers don't take place at weekend

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Message 4 of 9

ClackersGuru
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used my old sim in the new phone to text SWAP to 20200.

Got automated message back immediately asking for the serial number of the new sim.

So i put in the 13 digits and they said within 24hrs.

When my current sim (in the new phone) stops working, I can put in my new sim.

Which will have my existing phone number?

And I have ready downloaded my apps to the new phone, so when my new sim is activiated, I wont get all my old apps on to the new phone too? Then I will 2 of each.

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 94426 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Your number will be transferred to your new sim but if your old sim still works then use that if it's the same size.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
The sim swap is number and tariff only. Nothing to do with apps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 9

ClackersGuru
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, thanks, and although this is slightly offtopic, will my Apple Watch wrk automatically with the new phone/sim if it has the same number and app log ins etc?

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
It should do as long as you unpair it from old phone first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 9