Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed credit check

Emz1990
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I already have a watch and sim only plan with o2. I took out an additional line for a phone was accepted anyways after the phone arrived I changed my mind I thought I was upgrading my sim only, sent it back. They have had it now for 3 weeks. They have even charged me the bill for line even though cancelled and sent back. Anyways yesterday I tried to get a tablet during the summer sale. It came up with that I had reached my maximum number of contracts. Went on the app to speak to someone they couldn't help so sent me a link with live chat done They they then told me to register as new customer under a different email done that came up the same. So I phoned them and they said they can't see anyone reason why It's saying that as they have received the phone back he said try tomorrow. So I've tried today and now it's failing a credit check and doesn't even make sense. The phone was 48 a month that go accepted sent back and the tablet I want is 12.50 a month. Can someone help with situation? None of the staff I spoke to was very helpful as they said it should be accepted no help as to solve the situation. I done as they asked and now I'm assuming because they told me to keep applying that is now why it's failed so it's really their fault not mine. So how long do I need to wait before applying again??? Not very happy 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11640 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@Emz1990 

I wouldn't try again, as everytime you try its a hard credit check and will affect your credit file, and lenders will see it as a case of desperation for credit. I would leave it 30/60days.

o2 will never tell you why you failed. 

Also note although you passed on the old contract, doesn't guarantee you will pass again, as your credit file changes, as does o2's risk and affordability check.. 

This is the same as every other provider of credit.

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11640 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@Emz1990 

I wouldn't try again, as everytime you try its a hard credit check and will affect your credit file, and lenders will see it as a case of desperation for credit. I would leave it 30/60days.

o2 will never tell you why you failed. 

Also note although you passed on the old contract, doesn't guarantee you will pass again, as your credit file changes, as does o2's risk and affordability check.. 

This is the same as every other provider of credit.

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 3

Emz1990
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I won't be trying again I have however taken this to complaints team who further told me to keep trying as I refused and asked to speak to manager they have no put the request in to admenants team. However if they don't accept responsibility for telling me to keep trying I may take to ofcom. They should not be telling people to keep trying as its now affected my credit score 

Message 3 of 3