Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check process taking 5 days?

georgie-cat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I’m hoping someone can help me. I signed up for a monthly contract on the 19th June with O2 and I received a welcome email. It mentioned that it can take 48 hours for my application to be credit checked.

After 48 hours, I received no additional emails on the credit check and so I contacted the customer service who then escalated the issue. They said it’s still being credit checked and that I would receive an update after 24 hours. After 24 hours, I contacted customer services for a second time, and the same thing was said to me. After 24 hours, I then contacted customer services for a THIRD time and they said it’s being credit checked and I’ll receive an update this afternoon. It is now the afternoon and I have received no update. 

Being credit checked has caused me such anxiety — I shouldn’t be declined but by it taking this long, it does make me nervous.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do? Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

georgie-cat
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi again — O2 on twitter never answered but I did contact customer service once more and then the issue was resolved. I passed credit check. Thanks for your help though!

My suggestion to people who have the same issue is to keep phoning and check up on the credit check process because it’s not always clear you’re being checked. Good luck! 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38819 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Credit check process in O2 is taking some time these days, @georgie-cat - you can contact O2 via Social Media for updates, in place of waiting on the phone while you get passed from pillar to post within O2.

he link just below this post contains the correct ways to access O2 via Social Media. good luck!

Message 2 of 10

georgie-cat
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sure — I’ll try social media. I’m getting tired of having to reach out to O2 all the time though. Do you know how long the social media pages take to respond?

Message 3 of 10

pgn
  • 38819 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

@georgie-cat wrote:

Sure — I’ll try social media. I’m getting tired of having to reach out to O2 all the time though. Do you know how long the social media pages take to respond?

Send them a Direct message (if using Twitter, for example) and then wait - it took a couple of days of to-and-fro for me to get an issue addressed, but it worked and suited my needs, I wrote here about it if you are interested: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Web-Top-Up-not-recognising-a-valid-O2-P...

Good luck!

Message 4 of 10

georgie-cat
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi again — O2 on twitter never answered but I did contact customer service once more and then the issue was resolved. I passed credit check. Thanks for your help though!

My suggestion to people who have the same issue is to keep phoning and check up on the credit check process because it’s not always clear you’re being checked. Good luck! 

Message 5 of 10

pgn
  • 38819 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Brilliant news @georgie-cat - note also a call closer 8am sometimes helps - did you call earlier or later, @georgie-cat, for reference? We hear how people spend hours on the phone only to get cut off, leading to frustration... Etc ...

Thanks.

Message 6 of 10

georgie-cat
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The best time to call is ten minutes after 08h00 (when the call centre has just opened). During this time, I was always put through instantly. Another thing is I would phone their old customer service number (0800 081 0255). I know they've changed to a new system, and they encourage using the new number but it seemed I never had to hold on for ages when using the old number. I'm not sure that's related but thought I'd mention it. 

Message 7 of 10

pgn
  • 38819 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Thank you, @georgie-cat - I have found that a little after 8am is the best time to call, although I tend to use 202 more than the Sales Referral 0800 number you used. Great to know, thank you - and even better to know you got a positive result. 👍

Message 8 of 10

deanj89
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I too have found O2 to be incredibly frustrating when it comes to this. 
I call customer services, they tell me my phone is ready for collection in store, I go to the store, not there, call customer services again, told it's still with the credit referral team, finally, after 40 minutes on the phone and speaking to the credit referral team, I'm told that everything is now passed but they still couldn't tell me how much longer I'd have to wait. Turns out it was to do with me ordering for delivery to store near my place of work but as I live elsewhere, that flagged as being suspicious. But trying to get an answer from an actual human is like trying to get blood from a stone.

Message 9 of 10

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9678 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@deanj89 

Have you considered lodging a formal complaint about this ? Although it won't help you, it might help O2 to refine their processes and make it easier for future customers. Please see :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

Message 10 of 10