Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 switch up

Gilesy1989
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This all started when i sent my phone for a 02 switch up. Firstly i had a samsung Galaxy Flip 5 and i wanted to use the switch up service the change to the samsung flip 6. Unfortunelty the samsung galaxy flip 5 was not eligible for the switch when i sent this to the recycle team. I contacted 02 via the phone and i spoke to an advisor call nishant who informed me that if i sent the samsung galxy flip 5 back to 02 they would settle the account of the samsung flip 5 which was £679 as i wanted to return the samsung flip 6  i didnt wsnt to pay for 2 lines which he told me i couldnt even though it was stated that i could do this within 14 days if not happy. The credit had to be done by a supervisor on return of the phone. He then asked me to call back in 5 days to speak to someone who would action this using the notes on my account. When i called 5 day later i was told the phone had been recieved and that the credit was being applied to my account.

I then spoke to someone via the online chat, they told me that no credit had been applied and he would look into it and promised me that the credit would be applied within 24-48 hours.

48 hours had gone and i called to make sure this credit had been applied, the advisor had told me this has not been applied. I then contacted the complaints department who told me "not to worry, everything will be resolved today" the advisor told me that he had spoken to his manager and he was going to apply the credit that day and he would personally give a phone call to tell me this had happened and promised me that i would get aa caall before 5pm that day.

I had no call or any communication from the advisor or manager!

I then contacted 02 via chat a couple of days later to see if the credit had been applied and my account was only showing a samsung flip 6, to which i was told no there has been no credit and the samsung flip 5 still has a settlement of £650.97.

The service that i have had from 02 has been appalling. Has anyone else had this issue?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11634 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@Gilesy1989

The Flip 5 was eligible for switching up to the Flip 6, and you saying was inelligible for the switchup makes me wonder if it failed testing and was deemed to not meet the criteria..

The best way to deal with switchup problems is to log a complaint via the email address found here https://o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Lot of us have had weird issues with switchup, but this is why I have done all mine in store, so much less can go wrong...

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9636 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

If you do a search of this forum @Gilesy1989, you will find a number of posts about Switch-up issues.

I have not checked, but I seem to recall that @madasaf1sh has posted about this subject on more than one occasion. 👍   

Message 3 of 3