cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAP/MMS setup text, again

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all

I've been on this contract for nearly two years and this morning I received a text saying that I need to call o2 to activate WAP and MMS. I checked to see if I could access mobile Internet and lo and behold it has been disabled.
This isn't the first time this scenario has happened. The exact same thing has occurred 3 or 4 tines this year. Has anyone else had this happen on an active contract?
Not only is there no one to answer the phone number provided, its also not a free number. I wonder if the latter is the point of the exercise.

Please tell me I'm not the only one this happens to
Thanks
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94381 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

I would certainly give it a go. Not sure of their explanation of 'mucking around' with the bolt on. As long as you have data remaining I was under the impression that a bolt on expired after 30 days. This could of course mean that it expired at midnight last night if today is the anniversary date.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Try texting ACTIVE to 2020 , save the settings and re boot the phone.

If that does not work ring 02 customer services on.

Contact Customer Service Number
From your O2 mobile 202 Free
From a landline 0844 8090202
5p / min

Payg Customer Service
From your O2 mobile 4445
25p per call
From a landline 0844 8090222 5p / min

Opening times
Monday-Friday 08:00 - 21:00
Saturday 08:00 - 20:00
Sunday 08:00 - 18:00

If you want try the online Live Chat facility although its hit and miss what help you can receive by using them.

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/contactus
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 94381 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

I have never had this problem and to be honest, have never heard of it happening to anyone else. I would ask customer service for a valid explanation and consider making a complaint here : Complaints Review Service | Support | O2

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I managed to get through to an online chat supporter at work, and they are telling me many and varied things like -

- your bolt on has been removed the day before your billing date (tomorrow), which the receipt for the bolot on states it will expire on the billing day ie midnight tonight

- your bolt on was removed as it expire, despite me having iover 100mb left when i checked last night

This is after telling them that i managed to get the internet working after restarting my phone. all I wanted to know was why the internet was stopped in the first place, and as it turns out it was because they have been mucking around with a 100mb one off bolt on...

Is there a chance of a refuind for the bolt on here?

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 94381 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry, by 'here' i meant 'in this situation' i'm compiling an email to the complaints service at the moment

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 94381 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

I would certainly give it a go. Not sure of their explanation of 'mucking around' with the bolt on. As long as you have data remaining I was under the impression that a bolt on expired after 30 days. This could of course mean that it expired at midnight last night if today is the anniversary date.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really would circumvent the Online Chat Facility for this.

Please ring 02 on 202 contract or 4445 payg for a fuller clarification.

Message 8 of 8