Did you mean: 

eSIM and Apple upgrade program

Gavhall86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I currently have an eSIM in my iPhone 15. When the new iPhone rolls around next month, I will upgrade through Apples program which involves wiping your old phone and handing it over to receive the new one. How will this work with my eSIM? Just wondering if I need to do anything before hand to make this as smooth as possible. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38842 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

You could switch from eSIM to plastic SIM, means just moving the SIM from old to new phone at upgrade time, @Gavhall86 

To change back to a plastic SIM without interruption to service, you will need to visit an O2 Store, and have some photo ID with you.

If you try to do this by calling 202, your existing SIM will be deactivated as the plastic SIM is despatched, leaving you without phone service until your new SIM arrives.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149979 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Gavhall86 

I would do a phone to phone transfer before wiping your old phone, then go from the Apple store to the O2 store (with photo ID) and get them to install the esim on your new phone.

You won't be able to do it yourself as you will not be able to access your MyO2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3