Did you mean: 

Port request

Chris1980
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I submitted a port request to keep my old number on the 28/12/22 at 15.00 

The information on O2 website said submitted before 17.00 it will take 24hrs.

H

It's now the 31st and I have no phone line. My old line is also dead. I am Military and on standby and need to have a mobile. 

O2 have told me about 4 different things now, firstly they told me there was a technical glitch. Then they told me it was submitted on a non working day (nowhere on there website or app was the 28th listed as non working) then they said there was an issue with the port in and now they are saying I submitted two requests one on the 28th with incorrect information and one on the 29th which is entirely untrue. The form is simple and I submitted it once on the 28th so now I feel I'm being lied to blatantly. 

I've now been told I've got to wait a further 5 days for the technical team to sort this out and of course its New Year.

If any of this information had been available to me (ie their non working days that are working days for everyone else) I would never have risked the port in. My last company completed a port in in 2 hours. 

I have screenshots of the conversation and I am about to contact Ofcom about the situation. 

Has anyone else experienced this 

Regards Chris 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38842 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Sadly, since the merger with VM, yes, @Chris1980 - I will tag the O2 advisor on shift today ( 2 names as the rota post got a bit mangled in the last update too!) @O2Georgina or @O2Sarah- - look out for a Private Message from one of them after 8am, @Chris1980, and good luck!

Message 2 of 15

Chris1980
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much. Im in a really difficult position now as I'm relying on the house Wi-Fi to be contactable by work and so can't go anywhere!

many thanks 

Message 3 of 15

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Chris1980  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 4 of 15

Chris1980
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So now I have phone signal but when I message people my new number shows but when People ring me it's my old number they ring.

I can't receive any texts from O2 to the number they provided with the contract and my O2 is showing as the number they provided not my old number they were supposed to be porting across. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the hell is going on and why something so simple has turned into such a mess.

Message 5 of 15

pgn
  • 38842 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

O2 Porting is not something that happens on a weekend (Sunday today) or on a bank holiday (tomorrow, Monday, in lieu of New Year's Day being on a Sunday, @Chris1980 

Looks like the best advice is to wait and see if everything falls into shape by Wednesday, I know a port, or switch from old O2 to a new O2 SIM (contract) took the time it needed to get from the O2 shop back to my car back in Jan-2021, about 15mins - old sim out of service, new SIM out of envelope and into new phone, just like that.

A reboot or three also helps, once Wednesday morning dawns.

Message 6 of 15

Chris1980
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Absolutely appreciate the fact it's not going to happen today. I just don't understand how people ring me on one number and I ring them back and it's a different number 

and I also can't access anything on o2 portal because o2 text the confirmation code to the number I don't receive texts on.

It's like some sort of comedy sketch. 

Message 7 of 15

pgn
  • 38842 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions
Message 8 of 15

Noodles23
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris1980 did you get this sorted?

Message 9 of 15

Chris1980
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No mate 

I don't think I have yet. Seems I now have a hybrid of the two numbers 

I am regretting moving to O2 so much, absolutely non existent customer services, stupid issues like this one and no phone signal in Exeter town centre.

company is an absolute joke 

Message 10 of 15