Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor 4G/3G in areas where it used to be fine

AdamPembs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I'm getting really poor 4G reception and next to no 3G in areas where I never had any issues including my home address and work address and anywhere inbeyween. This has started occurring more in the last 8 weeks. Network checker says there are no issues in my area. 4G is showing 2 bars but will not load any data and calls are often dropping out.

I presume this is to do with 3G shut down and living in Wales 4G masts are still few and far between.

Anyway I can progress this with 02?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@AdamPembs 

Use the My Network app to see what's going on.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9651 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@AdamPembs wrote:

So I'm getting really poor 4G reception and next to no 3G in areas where I never had any issues including my home address and work address and anywhere inbeyween. This has started occurring more in the last 8 weeks. Network checker says there are no issues in my area. 4G is showing 2 bars but will not load any data and calls are often dropping out.

I presume this is to do with 3G shut down and living in Wales 4G masts are still few and far between.

Anyway I can progress this with 02?

@AdamPembs 

O2 are not starting their 3G shutdown until 2025 :-

3G Switch off | Network Coverage | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/3g-switch-off

Hence, you can discount that as one of the reasons for your problems. 👍

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

Which is only 6 months away, so maintenance and repair of 3g infrastructure will be low on the priority list.

Either way, the My Network app will have more info than we can guess at.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4