cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 port from EE, port completed but EE Sim still working and number not transferred

ReeceG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

So I started a port Thursday last week, coming from EE and switching to O2.

I got a text this morning, stating that the port was complete and my new number is now switched to O2. 

I've checked my other phone and the sim card on EE is still active as it's still getting service/phone calls.

The original O2 number is also still working which should have been swapped out even though i have an email/message stating the port has been completed. 

I've tried speaking to the live chat countless times, and also gave O2 a call 5 times, but get put on hold, transferred and just hung up on.

My EE number is still active, and O2 tell me it's successfully ported over. Can someone please help as i've tried countless times ringing both O2 and EE, but O2 tell me it's done and won't help whatsoever. 

My phone is still within the 14 day cancellation, so if not sorted by wednesday i will unfortunately be cancelling my contract. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94348 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions
We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

Message 2 of 9

ReeceG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

i've called them countless times and also messaged, no help whatsoever. 

Been passed onto 7 different people and no one has any idea.

Message 3 of 9

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9651 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

You need to persevere with O2 @ReeceG. Unfortunately, this is a customer to customer community so we cannot access your account or offer other direct help.

I suggest that you message O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

The social media team are based in the UK and have a good reputation for solving customer problems. 👍

Message 4 of 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8104 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

If your EE number is still active it may be worth contacting them to see if there is a hitch their end

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 9

japitts
Level 8: Talented
  • 238 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

If your EE number is still active it may be worth contacting them to see if there is a hitch their end

If an EE-issued PAC has been given to a new network, the donor network will rightly refer the user to their new network.

With the PAC being used, EE's job is done. Everything else is for O2 to resolve in this case.

Message 6 of 9

Enlli
  • 8104 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

They will be able to say if O2 have actually applied the PAC. Plenty of customers have given O2 CS codes that end up as never being used

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 9

japitts
Level 8: Talented
  • 238 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

They will be able to say if O2 have actually applied the PAC. Plenty of customers have given O2 CS codes that end up as never being used

And yet O2's CS front-end sends the "your port has been completed"notification. One wonders what triggers that, if a PAC hasn't been submitted into MNP...

Message 8 of 9

Enlli
  • 8104 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

Nothing with O2's systems would surprise me

Message 9 of 9