Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotten pin

TA9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can’t remember PIN number on old phone, there is no sim and no SD cards. How do I access my phone to get my photos.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9678 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@TA9 

It's worth bearing in mind that some of the tricks detailed in the guides that @jonsie has attached might delete some of the very photographs that you are trying to retrieve.

As an alternative, you could consider visiting a local mobile 'phone repair shop and seeing if they think that they can resolve the issue without the loss of data. 

Message 3 of 6

TA9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you it’s not an iPhone.

I asked one phone shop but they seemed to suggest factory reset which of course would mean the loss of photos. I haven't asked another local phone shop yet.

Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11640 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@TA9 

There is no way round the PIN issue, unless the phone is enrolled in an Enterprise MDM solution.  

The only way to get into the phone is to factory reset it. and thus lose all data on the phone..  Even if you plug it into a computer then it will ask for a pin

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@TA9 

There's a good chance your photos are backed up online 

Google Photos

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 6