Did you mean: 

Data sharing between devices

antmills
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I currently have an iPhone with 90gb of data a month allocation. I also have a cellular iPad on my account with a 500mb allocation (both on same account) and would like to be able to share data between the two (which the website suggests I can do) but am having trouble, when I go to shared data in my o2 it shows that the iPhone plan can share but doesn't let me setup the iPad plan to take advantage of that. 
I called into an O2 store and wac told that thus might be because I didn't request it when the iPad was setup on my account - however, nothing at the time of ordering the iPad said that I had to or needed to etc.

What are my options at this point to allow this - without tethering to the iPhone. 
thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@antmills @Ghengus1 

The only way to share the data is to change the tariff on the device you want to share to.

This won't effect the data you have on lead device, but will on the slave as it will only use data from the lead device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 13

antmills
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks very much, exactly what I was looking for 👍
Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
You're welcome.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 13