Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit file referrals team.

Caerau13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
On 24/8/22 I tried to purchase two lines from Mobile Phones Direct - both went through immediately. I rang Mobile Phones Direct on Tuesday 30/08/22 to question why the second phone had not been delivered. I was advised to contact yourselves quoting the ref to work out what had gone wrong. 

My credit rating was checked and found to be excellent, I had confirmation from O2 Credit Referrals Team via email that I could go ahead and take out the second phone. 

I again went through to Mobile Phones Direct, Saturday 3/9/22 to get the phone. I have again been referred to O2 Credit Referrals and the contract for some unknown reason declined. 

I am angry, anxious, stressed and confused over the rationale by O2. This has now affected my credit rating through no fault on my own.

This will need to be dealt with as agreed with your customer service representative at O2 on the phone this afternoon. 

I have asked for an urgent phone call and response from management at O2 regarding this case, detailing the rationale and the steps they will take immediately to rectify the issues caused. 

I spent 5 hours on the phone and online trying to solve the problem which O2 caused yesterday between O2 and Mobile Phones Direct. Mobile Phones Direct have confirmed that this mess is directly attributable to O2.

O2  online supervisor yesterday said the reason it may have been cancelled is that I can’t have two phones on the same email address.

Anyone have any ideas where to go next? Shambles of a team and organisation. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Caerau13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
On 24/8/22 I tried to purchase two lines from Mobile Phones Direct - both went through immediately. I rang Mobile Phones Direct on Tuesday 30/08/22 to question why the second phone had not been delivered. I was advised to contact yourselves quoting the reference number to work out what had gone wrong. 

My credit rating was checked and found to be excellent, I had confirmation from O2 Credit Referrals Team via email that I could go ahead and take out the second phone. 

I again went through to Mobile Phones Direct, Saturday 3/9/22 to get the phone. I have again been referred to O2 Credit Referrals and the contract for some unknown reason declined. 

I am angry, anxious, stressed and confused over the rationale by O2. This has now affected my credit rating through no fault on my own. This will need to be dealt with as agreed with your customer service representative at O2 on the phone this afternoon. 

I demand an urgent phone call and response from management at O2 regarding this case, detailing the rationale and the steps they will take immediately to rectify the issues caused. 

I spent 5 hours on the phone and online trying to solve the problem which O2 caused yesterday between O2 and Mobile Phones Direct. Mobile Phones Direct have confirmed that this mess is directly attributable to O2.

Your online supervisor yesterday said the reason it may have been cancelled is that I can’t have two phones on the same email address.

Message 2 of 15

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24069 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

This is not O2. This is a customer community.

@Anonymous or @O2Emma can you please advise @Caerau13?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 15

Caerau13
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, as you can imagine I'm clutching at every straw to get to the bottom of what's gone wrong. Very stressful. I don't want issues caused by O2 to affect my credit rating. 

Message 4 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94353 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

All a bit of a mess

Obviously three credit applications within such a short time interval will have an impact on your credit rating

I'm not too sure just how O2 can rectify this

Message 5 of 15

Caerau13
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I spoke to customer services yesterday, they said O2 would clear the credit rating issue as it was their error and compensate me for the issues. 

Message 6 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11640 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@Caerau13 

This is not Customer Services, but a customer to customer forum.

Firstly your credit score means nada, its a made up number used to sell you products and services by the CRA's, so ignore the score..

Also note that MPD do a credit check first, and only if it fails certain criteria does it get referred to o2 to do a full hard credit search on your Credit File, and also an affordability and risk assessment/checks

This check is also a manual check by a person at a desk, in Leeds. 

Unfortunately every time you apply and fail it affects your credit file, and their is nothing o2 will do about this as it is their prerogative to accept or decline customers, and how many lines you are allowed per account.  YOU are never guaranteed credit or a phone account from any network..

Customer Services cant tell you why you fail credit checks, as they dont know, and will never be told, its a finger in the air guess. 

Mobile Phones Direct will blame anyone they can, as they want their £200of commission, and they will never accept responsibilty and also will NOT know why you have been declined.

I will add the CS Supervisor is talking BS as that's just plain wrong.. 

I will tag @Anonymous and @O2Emma  to see if there is anything they can do, but I would guess not a lot..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 7 of 15

Caerau13
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks, as you can imagine it’s going around and around in circles trying to establish what’s gone wrong. O2 and MPD are pointing their fingers at each other and saying it’s them who’s made the mistake. O2 customer services have assured me that any issues with my credit rating will be rectified by them. 

I have never had bad credit or any other issue up until now.

Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@madasaf1sh thanks for the tag @Caerau13 will private message you regarding this.

thanks

O2simon

Message 9 of 15

Caerau13
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Simon. 

Message 10 of 15