Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade issues

debjay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am wondering if anybody can help me please.

I have been trying to upgrade since Wednesday with no joy so far. Initially, when I was sent the link to click to complete the order from Retentions, it wouldn't log me in and kept going back to the log in screen. Then I had an error message saying that I couldn't access this service or the code had been used too many times. I called up again and nobody at O2 had heard of this error message but said to wait until today and they would call me and try to resend a new link. Nobody called so I called them and have a new link. However, now I get a screen with a duckling and a phone with the following message

We're working on it

This page is unavailable because we're making improvements to our site. We'll have it back up and running as soon as possible.

Customer Services don't seem to know what is going on. Has anyobody else got any ideas? I seem doomed to not get this sorted via O2

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@debjay 

O2's website is flaky at best and not fit for purpose at worst.

I'd pop in store to upgrade if it was me.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 25

debjay
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply. Thing is I have contacted the local shop and they can't match what is being offered via 202

Message 3 of 25

MI5
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@debjay 

Just ask O2 to put the offer in your account notes so the store can see it's a genuine offer for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 25

debjay
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can they do that? When I phoned the store they said they couldn't offer the same and couldn't access my account either when I suggested that.

Message 5 of 25

MI5
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

Someone somewhere is deliberately being awkward @debjay 

@O2Emma will be on in an hour, so I'll ask her to help you 

Message 6 of 25

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi i am on @MI5 slight_smile

signature
Message 7 of 25

MI5
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

Thanks @O2Emma thumbsup

Message 8 of 25

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @debjay lets see we can get you upgraded please can you close all web browsers down and load a new page go to o2 website and see if can sign into My O2 account ( not via upgrade link )

This is to see if its your My O2 account or the upgrade link is not working

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Message 9 of 25

debjay
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Both,

Thank you so much for trying to help me. It wasn't my account that was locked but was the links which weren't working. I have managed to get it sorted now although having to pay £40 more for the handset. He thinks that is why the links weren't working as too much discount had been applied. Is it definitely right that I can pay off the handset whenever I like, end the airtime contract penalty free and go back to a sim only deal?

Message 10 of 25