Did you mean: 

Potential new deal better than current , disappointing /confusion

Par4b1rdie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi am looking to upgrade my handset . 

A potential deal is £11.09 for handset and £12.00 for airtime ( free calls and txts and 5gb)

I own my current phone and my airtime Is £16.47 ( free calls and txts and 3gb) 

I am concerned that I’ve been getting ripped off long term as I don’t monitor current deals . 

can anyone explain why a new better deal is considerably cheaper airtime ? 

reluctant going ahead with o2 at this time . 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94389 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

There is now more competition from other networks so tariffs can vary or change as networks try to entice customers with offers

A sim only deal will always be cheaper than buying a device and choosing airtime offered with that particular deal

If you are happy with the phone and want a cheaper airtime than any that O2 offer online then take a sim using USwitch.

More data and a cheaper option and you stay with O2

Or you can look what other networks are offering new customers.

Bear in mind network signals can differ so before committing to a new contract with a different provider, it's wise to try their free pay and go sims from their websites

If you want to talk with the O2 sales team then if you choose the option for leaving O2 when calling you will be put through to Retentions who will attempt to keep you as a customer by offering better deals

Message them on Social Media if that works best for you

See link below

Or you can call them from 8am to 8pm on 0808 002 0202 or 0800 081 0255

You have not been ripped off by the way. You chose a contract that suited your needs at the time and at a price you were prepared to pay

Message 2 of 2