Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order declined, credit score referral

JoshuaAdamson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After ordering 2 days ago I've been waiting very patiently for a reply an update.

The order was referred for "Additional Checks" despite paying a heafty upfront cost.

Rang this morning and the guy said they declined my order yet I paid half the contract upfront plus the original upfront cost totalling to £315 upfront.

The guy said he never seen anything so high get declined.

I am frustrated!! I paid half of it upfront but declined, but for what?

Now that I have to wait "2 weeks" to get a refund yet I could of bought a phone  if they didn't make me place a secured upfront deposit. 

I am now financially affected as I needed this contract so I could work from home, now I'll have to do 2 weeks unpaid and somehow deal with that.

Any advise on what to do here? £315 is a lot and I cannot afford another provider at this time, I have no luck..

Also any idea why this was declined? I checked my credit score and it's "Very good" and 12 points from Excellent.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126422 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@JoshuaAdamson 

We have no access to your account or credit checks. No-one here has any idea why you were refused. It does seem ridiculous but O2 won't give reasons for refusal (other than you failed the credit check)

Sadly there is nothing you can do to change their mind so it's pointless trying again.

Also, due to you failing this credit check, this will be on your record if you try anywhere else.

I'm sorry I can't be more positive but that's the situation.

My only suggestion is (and if you can afford it) is that you buy a cheaper phone outright and take out a sim only contract with another provider.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

JoshuaAdamson
  • 11 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's absolutely ridiculous, completely.

The credit score is very good, I paid half the contract upfront plus the phone cost.

What exactly else could they be possibly asking for?

I've emailed their credit file referrals team and demanded that this is overturned.

I assume it'll automatically be refunded if they declined it?

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 126422 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Yes the upfront cost will be returned automatically.

I did edit my last post to suggest (if you can afford it) that you buy a cheaper phone outright and take out a sim only contract with another provider.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4