Did you mean: 

Cancellation of Account

robcoates20
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Everyone slight_smile

So, I cancelled my O2 via live chat around the 15th March. The O2 operator told me he/she had cancelled it, and that my account would run from that date for another 30 days until 15th April and then end. Fine. When I look in MyO2 account now, I see that my next bill is listed as the 1st May.

If my cancellation had been processed correctly, would my next bill be on the 15th April? Should I be concerened or not?

Thank you,

Robert 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12697 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions
We never recommend using live chat to cancel accounts @robcoates20.
See our self help guide below:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-your-contract-An-updated-guide/ba-p/1234852#M...
You should also read the guide @elifsu.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

elifsu
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

May I cancel my account?

Message 2 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12697 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions
We never recommend using live chat to cancel accounts @robcoates20.
See our self help guide below:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-your-contract-An-updated-guide/ba-p/1234852#M...
You should also read the guide @elifsu.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 8

robcoates20
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi slight_smile Thanks for replying. I don't know if I can follow those steps. I have a mobile hotspot. So there isn't a text message facility. I need help to cancel it. I don't even know if the O2 live chat operator did or did not cancel it as they said they had.

I tried ringing up but they wouldn't take my call

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 94437 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 150000 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28565 Solutions

@robcoates20 

You get 100 texts per month with your data SIM and you can text from your mifi control panel.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 8

jmf
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you do find out let me know, I have tried calling, webchat cannot find an email address so really stuck. I went into the O2 shop before lockdown, isolation and my son got a new phone as we were cancelling his old phone, he decided to change his phone no and they said that it would be done, pay March DD and then stop DD's which I done, now they are chasing me for April's money and the phone no. is dead and I cannot get hold of anyone to help sort it out, plus we paid 3 months upfront which we would so say get back when the Direct debits were set up and no problems.

If anyone knows how to get out of this please let us know.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 150000 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28565 Solutions

@jmf 

You'll have to speak to customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 8