cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you still take advantage of 3rd party new customer deals as an existing customer

fwilson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A few years ago I found out that you could take advantage of new customer deals from third parties (not the upgrade deals) with O2 if you were an existing customer. I took advantage of this. I think it involved phoning O2 up and transferring your number to the new account?

Are you still able to do this? The upgrade options from O2 are shockingly bad. The upgrade options from third parties are not a lot better. Some of the new customer ones are OK.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149971 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@fwilson 

Yes you can.

Many of us do the same on here. Just needs a number migration after obtaining new contract.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149971 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@fwilson 

Yes you can.

Many of us do the same on here. Just needs a number migration after obtaining new contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11640 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@fwilson 

Yes you can, you just need to ensure that your current minimum term is complete, and then sign up for a new contract via the 3rd Party (and pass all the usual credit etc checks), and then contact o2 to migrate the number

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 4

Andy7856
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yes! Via uswitch for example you can swap to a new deal within minutes you dont even need to swap your SIM or fill in any porting forms.  You select your deal, add to basket, state you are a existing customer, log into your O2 account and hey presto two text messages late you are on the new deal!  When I did it last year it was treated as a tariff change not a new contract (although I was then locked into the new deal for 12 months) 

Message 4 of 4