Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unprofessional and shady behaviour regarding number transfer

aaronUk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm trying to change my network from EE to O2 but keep my number. On Monday I filled out the online application to transfer my number pay as you go. My EE sim went out of service Tuesday and i've been waiting for the number to be active on my O2 Sim. I called up since it was taking too long and spoke to some rude reps through O2 customer service. One left me on the line 20 minutes while said she was going to talk to a manager... Which clearly she didn't because all I heard was typing then put me on hold which I was put through to pay monthly I got transferred back to the same woman again she said couldn't find my details and told me the only way to keep my number is to go pay monthly...

I filled out pay as you go on the application. What kind of shady business is this where my number is being held hostage until I go pay monthly.

Is there I way I can get my number back since I need it as important contacts have the number.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@aaronUk 

Standard practice these days to try and upsell so you need to stand your ground.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Try O2 on the socials but all avenues are stretched due to the number of issues presently.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2