cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Pay as You Go Work If You Are Overseas?

Emmairvine
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been on O2 Pay Monthly for years.  I spend most of my time in South Africa.  When I leave the UK, I put my phone on divert so calls go to voicemail and my data turns off.  I can send (at a cost) and receive text messages.  I am thinking of swapping over to Pay As You Go as over the course of one year, I am spending over 100 GBP for 500 MB per month and get charged for top up bundles when I am in the UK.  10GB of data on Pay As You Go seems to only cost 10 GBP so it would be more economical for me to be on Pay As You Go.  If I move to Pay As You Go, can I still put my phone on divert, will I be able to send and receive texts overseas, will I be able to top up using the app whilst overseas?  Is there anything I need to be aware of if on Pay As You Go and overseas?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Emmairvine 

There's no option to divert calls on PAYG.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Emmairvine 

There's no option to divert calls on PAYG.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Emmairvine
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does that mean that you cannot divert calls to voice mail by dialling *21*901# before leaving the UK?

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 149977 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

correct

Message 4 of 5

Emmairvine
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you.  That means I have to stay on Pay Monthly

Message 5 of 5