Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 - WiFi Extra not working on TfL

edent
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an Android phone bought from O2 UK. I have an O2 UK SIM card on contract. I don't think the SIM is correctly provisioned.

On the London Underground, I see the network "Wifi Extra" which is "Available via O2".

When I try to connect to Wifi Extra, I get a pop-up asking to "Connect via O2".

When I hit "Connect", I get the error "Check password and try again" and it never connects.

I can connect to the Virgin Media Wifi. I can connect to O2 Wifi in public. I have no difficulty connecting to other networks like EduRoam. I have restarted my phone. I have tried disabling and enabling WiFi.

If I edit the network, it says the EAP method is "SIM" and the selected SIM is "O2".

How can I get the correct password provisioned on my SIM?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

abelljms
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have same problem . and the on 'help' can't EVEN understand the question. 

PS. why is it ok to employ people in overseas call  centres whose command of English is so poor i can't communicate with o2??

it's infuriating. it used to work, and hasn't for several months for me. o2 of curse done give a toss

abelljms
Message 11 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11640 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@abelljms 

The WiFI Extra Network is now run by BAI, as the original was taken down by Virgin Media, when they lost the contract.

You will need to set your Authentication Method to EAP and then select SIM as the authentication method,  this is how BAI want it doing... 

Also o2 and the CS partners can employ anyone they want, if you think you could do the job, then Capita are recruiting.. 
And the other reason you get to a non uk call centre, is people dont want to work in the UK ones where the public, have no manners, swear and make death threats... as I said if you can do better Capita are recruiting..

Also post flagged

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 12 of 15

abelljms
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

what you mean is "o2 won't pay a proper rate for call centre staff". There's plenty of uk call centre capacity. I've been on Chat online with them for over 30 mins, and they haven't even answered yet, let alone thought about the answer.

abelljms
Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@abelljms 

Chat won't have a clue what you're asking.

Try this:

1. Open WiFi settings

2. Click Add network

3. Set network name/SSID: Wifi Extra

4. Set security: WPA/WPA2/WPA3-ENTERPRISE

5. Choose EAP method: Sim

6. Click Save

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 15

abelljms
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks ofr clarifying, how come o2 staff don't know htis to explain?

PS "And the other reason you get to a non uk call centre, is people dont want to work in the UK ones where the public, have no manners, swear and make death threats"- you know this is irrelevant as the overseas centres are still talking to uk people, but without understanding the questions from uk users.

abelljms
Message 15 of 15