cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade cancellation taking over a week to process.

Rog22
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So after the **** show of the iPhone 16 pre-orders, I finally managed to place an order as an upgrade but cancelled it when the delivery time was much longer than what the advisor on the phone told me.

Anyway I wanted to re-do the upgrade to a different model but haven't been able to as my account is telling me that a request is still processing and it's been like that since I cancelled on Saturday. It's now Thursday with the iPhone release day being tomorrow and it's still saying the same. I called up earlier in the week to be told it can take 2-3 days, then 5 days and now being told it won't finish processing until the 24th which is next Tuesday. I mean why is it taking so long? I'm literally unable to even place anything in my basket until this is done.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Rog22
  • 55 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So after writing this earlier my account cleared and I was able to do a new Pre-order which is coming tomorrow 😁 

Message 2 of 7

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9678 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

I hope it arrived safely @Rog22 and is living up to expectations. 👍

Message 3 of 7

Rog22
  • 55 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It didn't arrive. Had problems with getting the pin code the driver needed. After almost a week of trying to get o2 to change my phone number with DPD, I've had 4 failed attempts of delivery and it's not on its way back to o2. I really can't be bothered now really 😑

Message 4 of 7

Oxonian
  • 9678 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

I suggest that you @Rog22 message O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

The social media team are based in the UK and have a good reputation for solving customer problems. 👍

Message 5 of 7

Rog22
  • 55 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the info. I will definitely do that next time. Unfortunately my phone has been sent back to o2 because it couldn’t be delivered without the pin. I’ve been trying really hard all week to get o2 to change it with DPD calling them both and just getting passed from one to the other constantly. Tbh it’s taken the whole fun out of upgrading to the new iPhone tbh I can’t really be bothered anymore just not a great experience I’ve had with them the past 2 weeks since the pre-orders started and I’m hitting myself because I didn’t think to check my contact number was up to date on my account but I’ve never had to in years of being with o2 I’ve always had stuff come to the number I was using even looking back on past orders from a few years ago emails I have still in my inbox all show my current number. Anyhow I know for next time but it’s just been so frustrating that neither o2 or DPD could change a simple phone number on the order. 

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
  • 9678 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Yes @Rog22, O2 seem to be able to screw up even the simple things at the moment. 👍 

Message 7 of 7