Did you mean: 

Phone number not being changed over

Amplidyne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi
I phoned O2 on Fri 18/10/24 to change the number of a new sim on my account, to an old PAYG sim number.

I had phoned some days earlier about reactivating the number after having a "This SIm is no longer being supported" text, followed virtually immediately by the phone being cut off. The number was reactivated  but the number was still not available due not doubt to the old sim.

So we got a new sim, and a new contract, with a new number. As I said I phoned to change the number. "This will be done within 24 hours" 

I've been turning the phone on and off and checking regularly.

Still nothing.

So will the number change to the old one?

Can I / will I actually get the number changed to the old one?

If I phone the various places where I need to change where a OTP is sent to to try to change the number, will it suddenly change a few days later.

I'm afraid that while the operators are very good, the system appears not to be. This is all giving me a real problem.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94424 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

No migrations are done at weekend so it will be Tuesday at the earliest before the number is migrated

However it may necessitate another phone call if not done by then

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 2 of 5

Amplidyne
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK Thanks. I'd read none are done at the weekend.
I'll wait until tomorrow.

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24077 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

@Amplidyne Did you follow the correct procedure to change numbers? Migration & porting into O2 - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Amplidyne
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply. Well I followed the instructions on the website. Got through to an operator who said he could migrate the number. Went through various security checks, gave the present number, the number for it to be changed to, and the serial number off the old sim. The change apparently went though OK.
I couldn't really do any more.

Message 5 of 5