Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful customer services

TFDERRY
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On June 10th 2023 I joined 02, gave them my PAC code, they issued a temporary sim. 2 days later I was due to have my number migrated to my new phone but instead of this happening the temporary sim stopped receiving calls and texts. Since that time I have called them on numerous occasions always to be told that it would be looked at and a response would be issued in 5 to 7 working days, this never happened. I've reported this to the ombudsman who has requested a "Lockdown" letter from 02, I requested this, was told that it was in the post, it never arrived. Infact, in 14 weeks, with some 90 hours on the phone, numerous trips to the 02 store and several emails later I've never had any replies or any communications from 02. The PAC code has since expired, it has been used by 02 so therefore I cannot get a new one. 02 says the only way to resolve it is for me to send them a new PAC code, which is impossible. Now I want my property, as in my telephone number, back. 02 can't help???

I have had my number since mobile phones first came out. I'm disabled,  I suffer with Parkinsons Decease and have heart failure with AF, I live alone, I'm a pensioner all my contacts are unable to message me. Recently a friend said he heard I was dead, not nice to hear. My NHS, my cardiology consultant, my pharmacy, banks etc etc all use that number, I had issued all my contacts with the temporary number provided by 02, 2 days later, unknowns to me this temporary number failed. I am at a loss, the only hope I have is that I get the Lockdown letter and the ombudsman helps me. I had issued all my contacts with the temporary number provided by 02, 2 days later, unknowns to me this temporary number failed. I need help as customer services only gather information, they know nothing so send it to one of the back rooms who never respond. Why does 02 Customer Services lie as in saying I will receive a reply, never happened. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9678 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@TFDERRY 

I assume that you are aware that this is a customer to customer community. Hence, we cannot access your account or offer other direct help. 

You might find this useful :-

Accessibility & Vulnerable Customers Policy | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/access-for-all/accessibility-vulnerable-customers-policy

It appears that you have made a formal complaint to O2 and you can refer this to the Ombudsman on receipt of a letter of deadlock - this is called a "final position letter" by O2 - or after eight weeks have elapsed. Please see :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In particular :-

What happens next?
If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer.

Please keep us informed of developments. 👍

Message 2 of 5

TFDERRY
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you make a complaint to 02 you will not receive a response as they have said they do not have enough staff to deal with complaints. Then you email them to request a review of the complaint to Complaint Review Service (UK)

complaintreviewservice@o2.com unfortunately you will not receive more than an automated reply but nothing else happens. So you call them up stating that you request a Lockdown letter as you intend to raise the case with the ombudsman. I had no service for 3 months, my own number didn't port, temporary sim did nothing, it was faulty but after all my calls, emails etc it wasn't until I requested the Lockdown letter that things started happening. Within 5 days from my request my number ported, my service is perfect and I received £325 goodwill payment. It's just knowing the right angle, wish I had known sooner. If you can avoid using 02 then I suggest you do as the backup service is not there.

Message 3 of 5

TFDERRY
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thought I had better give an update, 11 was later things have moved on. I have learnt that If you make a complaint to 02 you will not receive a response as they have said they do not have enough staff to deal with complaints. Then you email them to request a review of the complaint to Complaint Review Service (UK)

complaintreviewservice@o2.com unfortunately you will not receive more than an automated reply but nothing else happens. So you call them up stating that you request a Lockdown letter as you intend to raise the case with the ombudsman. I had no service for over 2 months, my own number didn't port, temporary sim did nothing, it was faulty but after all my calls, emails etc it wasn't until I requested the Lockdown letter that things started happening. Within 5 days from my request my number ported, my service is perfect and I received £325 goodwill payment. It's just knowing the right angle, wish I had known sooner. You still have to wait 8 weeks before you can request a deadlock letter, but in the life of brainless 02 customrr services, 8 weeks are nothing. If you can avoid using 02 then I suggest you do as the backup service is not there.

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11640 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@TFDERRY 

You are now spamming the community, with the same post, either create a new thread or just leave it to one post..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 5