Did you mean: 

Slowest download speed known to man

HisMum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I bought an iPhone SE 2020 for my boy’s 11th birthday - his first phone.  Yesterday it took 4 hours to download WhatsApp.  Today it’s been 6 hours so far to download Clash of Clans … we’re not quite half way through!  Google responses are slow approx 10 secs… couldn’t get O2 Community to connect do using my own phone which works fine. 
Is this to be expected with a 2 year old phone?  We’re at home on Wi-Fi with reasonable speeds btw. 
NB I’ve already deleted app / closed and restarted phone  … no joy.  
Any tips from community?  
Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149987 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@HisMum 

Try rebooting your wifi router and then run speedtest to check what download speeds you are getting.

https://www.speedtest.net/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

HisMum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much for info. Did as suggested - download speed 24 and upload 1.09, both pretty standard, so I believe.

Any other checks to make? 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149987 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@HisMum 

That would indicate that it's an issue with the sites you are connecting to rather than an issue with the phone.

If you are using an internet browser, try a different one to see if it helps.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4