Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MultiSave/Loyalty Offer - Apple Watch

ossocafe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a query on the 20% offer O2 have for where an account has multiple numbers. Please hear me out!

I have an iPhone (SIM only, pay monthly) and an Apple Watch (no other phones). The terms of the offer specifically exclude Apple and Samsung watches. 

However...

On a (very) long call with O2 today, the person in retentions was admanant that by having a phone and watch I would quality for the 20%. The catch is that you have to send a text to O2 with the number of the phone AND the number of the watch. As far as I can tell, unless you're in the US, Apple Watches don't have a separate number (at least not one that can be found). In my online O2 account it says 'Sync-1' for the Watch.

Nothing in iPhone settings (Watch App, Settings) will show a number, so I don't think one exists.

Was the support person mistaken (I think so) or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149965 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@ossocafe 

They are talking rubbish as usual.

Watches do not qualify for multisave discount.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 149965 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@ossocafe 

They are talking rubbish as usual.

Watches do not qualify for multisave discount.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 14

ossocafe
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - it also took them nearly an hour to get to give me incorrect information. Can I ask you something? As I'm out of contract shortly, is there anything stopping me, as an existing customer, from taking out one of the O2 offers via the MoneySavingExpert 'Cheap Mobile Finder' which will give me 32GB of data for the same price (plus the RPI increase) and still keep my number?

Message 3 of 14

jonsie
  • 94373 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

MI5
  • 149965 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@ossocafe 

As @jonsie says, just do it.

We all use uswitch.

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/o2/
Choose the deal you want
This will automatically redirect you to the O2 website
Just follow the prompts and choose the UPGRADE option
Complete the deal and nothing on your account changes except the tariff at the new cheaper cost
Payment date is the same and your next bill will be at a cheaper rate and will be made up of the pro rata cost of your old tariff and your new tariff
The change should show in My O2 within 24 hours
Volt benefits will still apply as will possibly a 3 month extra such as Disney+

Message 5 of 14

ossocafe
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks 🙂

Message 6 of 14

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8124 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

No 

I've got the 32Mb via USwitch 

One year contract so I can renegotiate before the April 2025 price rise

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 14

ossocafe
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry - one more question! I’ve just checked Uswitch and they have the same offer. If I update the phone will the watch carry over as well?

Also, it seems that the payment process screen say that RPI will apply from April 2025 but when the contract documents are made available to view or download they state that RPI will apply from April 2024. Wonder if it’s worth waiting until April 2nd to make sure, hoping that O2 won’t pull the deal in the meantime!

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 149965 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@ossocafe 

Nothing should change as far as the watch is concerned as you won't even need to change sim cards,

There will be no price increase until April 2025 if taken now.

Message 9 of 14

ossocafe
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Perfect. Thank you 

Message 10 of 14