Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 14 5G connection problem

WoosDad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife and I both have iPhone 14s running 17.5.1 IOS.  When I am connected to a wifi network the phone works perfectly.  When I have a 4G cellular connection the phone works perfectly.  However, if the phone auto-connects to a 5G signal, then I can get no internet connectivity at all - the browser reports server unavailable, my email fails to sync wit the Exchange server and I cannot send or receive messages via WhatsApp, or upload/download any files over any connected platform using mobile data.  I can still send and receive texts however, and make and receive calls.

I have contacted O2 customer services who were singularly unhelpful explaining to me that the 5G coverage is patchy in my area.  That may or may not be the case, but the issue is not whether I can get 5G  - the issue is I cannot use it when I do get it.  O2 has confirmed I have a 5G eSIM in the phone, but otherwise have been no help. 

Given that both my wife and I suffer the same issue on iPhone14 on the O2 network, I believe it is some service provider issue but cannot work out what if the SIM is supposedly OK.  Any ideas anybody?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149934 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@WoosDad 

So many issues with esims so I'd try switching back to a plastic sim first.

Pop into any O2 store with photo ID for a free swap.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94347 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Personally I would revert to old technology and go back to plastic sims

O2 and esims are not a good fit at the moment and the community is awash with esim problems

Best option if you do decide to cange is to do it instore

If you order over the phone the system disconnects your current sim almost immediately a new sim is ordered

It just might fix your issue @WoosDad 

Message 3 of 3