Did you mean: 

Ongoing Call Issues

Roam
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear All,

I've been a loyal O2 customer since 2007 and have generally been satisfied with the service. However, over the past few months, I've encountered a frustrating issue that I hope someone can help me with.Lately, I've noticed that my calls sometimes fail to start, or the line cuts off unexpectedly while I'm waiting or in the middle of a conversation. This happens even after 20-30 minutes or an hour into a call. Additionally, there are times when the call doesn’t ring out properly but instead makes a strange noise before abruptly hanging up.At first, I thought the problem might be with my phone, but I’ve been using the same device for a long time without any issues until recently. Given that this issue has only started happening in the last few months, I’m beginning to doubt that my phone is the cause. I’ve also checked the service status in my area, and everything appears to be functioning perfectly.This situation is becoming increasingly frustrating, and I’m not sure what steps to take next. Has anyone else experienced similar issues or have any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this problem?Thank you in advance for your assistance and support.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Roam 

You need to try your sim in another phone and another sim in your phone, to see where the issue goes to.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

If you need a sim, pop in store with photo ID.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38773 Posts
  • 242 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Could you check how your phone is set to handle WiFi calling, @Roam? A weak cellular signal and a strong WiFi signal can sometimes cause the symptoms you describe when WiFi calling is enabled.

Check if switching your phone SIM from 5G (Contract only on O2, sorry!) or 4G to 3G helps a little in the short term - then use the MyO2 Network App, configured for your frequented places, and see if it reports ongoing work by O2 on masts nearby.

Also make sure all updates have been applied to your phone. 

Hope that helps a little...

Message 3 of 4

japitts
Level 8: Talented
  • 238 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Does this only happen in one specific location?

Message 4 of 4