Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sound robotic and intermittent cut outs

Andrew79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, when i make a voice call from home i can sound robotic to the listener and somtimes severalls times during a call they cannot ear me. I have tried all the things suggested, new sim, change manual roaming setting, airplane mode, restarting phone and none have helped. I have 2 others living at this address all on the same service provider (giffgaff) and all are experiencing the same issue. I have lived at teis address for 16 years and been with giffgaff almost as long. Never had an issue before about 3 weeks ago. I checked the network status then and they were doind some work to the local mast, so i figured that was the problem. Got a text to say it was fixed but my issue carried on.

When i am at work or out of my local area really, the recetion and everything is fine.

Phone calls over the 4g network are fine at home.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12697 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

You could try switching on WiFi calling @Andrew79 which might help if you are in a black spot (or there is a mast issue).

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

For mast updates, see if these help:

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

Andrew79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. I took this issue up with giffgaff first but they told me to come here and see if i can get help here.

I'm not with o2, i'm with giffgaff. I dont have the wifi calling option on my phone. It's not compatible with their service.

Ultimately i shouldn't have to i guess. I'm hoping there is a fix somewhere.

Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12697 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

Ah, sorry. I didn't realise that you were ALL on GiffGaff @Andrew79 .

GG use the o2 network to provide coverage, but ultimately you rely on GG for your signal.

It is up to them to take it up with o2 if there is an issue, so you need to keep pestering GG customer services.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4