Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel charges I didn't use

KaiSitter
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have finally got access to My O2 after being with O2 since 1st June 2023 and I have discovered I have been charged O2 travel for 4 separate days while I was on holiday in Jamaica.  I turned my mobile data off before I left the house on the day I travelled to Jamaica and didn't turn it back on until we landed at Manchester Airport.  I did not send any texts or make any phone calls while I was away.  I kept in touch with my daughter via Whatsapp using the hotel wifi.  If we left the hotel my other daughter who was travelling with me activated O2 Travel on her mobile.  On the days O2 claim I used O2 travel we were at the hotel for 3 of them using the hotel wifi and on the fourth day we left the hotel to go on a trip and I left my mobile in the hotel safe.  Does anyone have any advice for me please?  Is there a way of contacting O2 to find out what actually activated O2 Travel?  How do you get to chat with a real person?  Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94349 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94349 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11638 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@KaiSitter 

WhatsApp and some messaging apps will still use mobile data or send text messages as part of the service, and turning mobile data off wont stop it doing these things, hence you have been charged for using your phone as your apps have been using it. 

The only way to stop this is to put the phone in airplane mode and just use WiFi. 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 5

KaiSitter
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wasn't aware that I could use wifi whilst in Flight Mode, thank you for this advice.

Message 4 of 5

KaiSitter
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the information, I contacted O2 and they have waived the charges for me.

Message 5 of 5