Did you mean: 

Lost job options available

jamieleewv1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 38 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I've recently lost my job, I have a 5 year old daughter to take care of and a home to pay for, I currently have 3 lines open for my family with o2, the monthly bill equates to approx £140 a month, which I've had no trouble paying since opening them. 

However I have recently lost my job and I am trying to restructure my finances to get by, what are the consequences of no longer being able to pay my bill? I understand my credit will get affected, is the balance transferred to a 3rd party who I can them setup a much lower payment plan with? 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 

You need to contact O2 urgently to find a suitable agreement.

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 18

jamieleewv1
  • 38 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you 

Do you know if the sim card just gets blocked or does the handset get an imei block too for non bill payment? 

Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 

Just your account gets blocked.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 18

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11638 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 

It might be worth asking o2 to move your plan to an essentials plan which is £10 per month 

https://www.o2.co.uk/essential-plan

And working with o2 to come up with a payment plan for the device plans...

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 18

jamieleewv1
  • 38 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is this 100% correct? 

It's the device plans that I would struggle pay off as opposed to the actual tariff plans, and I'm worried about them being imei blocked as my son uses one of the phones and my wife the other...

Message 6 of 18

jamieleewv1
  • 38 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's not the tariff plans I'm struggling with, it's the actual device plans, as I believe they are two separate agreements 

Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 

If you default on the device plan, O2 will just sell the debt to an agency who will then chase you for payments.

You could also setup a payment plan then if not initially with O2, but that would impact your credit score.

Message 8 of 18

jamieleewv1
  • 38 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thank you. I was speaking to an agent on my o2 who said the sim and device may/will both get blocked for non payment of bill. 

Message 9 of 18

jonsie
  • 94348 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions
Message 10 of 18