cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gone abroad not on contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am abroad and not using my O2 phone at all, I need to cancel my phone, but they dont have email contact system anymore, they directed me to their website to get support from live chat, still nothing working on live chat. The internet is still working on my watsapp so thats all am being charged, but the bill has already gone to £67 above my monthly bill. My contract ended over a year ago so i dont owe them anything. How do I get in tpuch with them without calling them.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
How to cancel all ways in this help thread here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...
Writing and sending a recorded letter may be an option for you?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to cancel my phone until further notice.
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
How to cancel all ways in this help thread here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...
Writing and sending a recorded letter may be an option for you?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 94353 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

You can't suspend your contract. If you cancel there will be fees to pay. Switch off Mobile data so you will just be paying your normal tariff. 

Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24069 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

@Anonymous  Just because the date of your contract ending was over a year ago doesn't mean your contract ended. It became a rolling month to month contract, and won't end until you cancel it. Follow the link provided by @MI5 above to cancel. Obviously your phone is still working, so you can call O2 Customer Service and speak to someone https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus. This is not a good time of year to get through quickly however, and wait times will be long.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

Follow their advice and find the best way for you to get in touch with Customer Service here

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you.  Wave 

Thanks a lot @MI5@jonsie and @Bambino for your amazing help heartHug

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 6 of 6