Did you mean: 

PAY AS YOU GO [other options)

longjohn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have a pay as you go tariff as don't use my mobile very much.

I will be moving and my wifi will be unavailable I am told for a couple of days. I this time I may have emails from my solicitor etc that I need to read and answer. Ok, I can use the data from my package.

But my concern is that I receive unto 40 emails a day and if I use my mobile to log into my emails and are using my data, then presumably I will pay for 40 emails to download etc and that could cost me a fortune, when all I would be looking for is the one from my solicitor etc.

Can you clarify best options for me and whether my assumption is correct that I would pay for all 40 emails, even if I don't read 39 of them.

thank you 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@longjohn 

The email app will only download the email headers (small bytes of data only) unless you open the email, so in your case, if you just open emails from your solicitor, you will be fine.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@longjohn 

The email app will only download the email headers (small bytes of data only) unless you open the email, so in your case, if you just open emails from your solicitor, you will be fine.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

longjohn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou for the answer. That gives me peace of mind.

Message 3 of 5

longjohn
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You mentioned email App. is this something extra that I need to do or just my normal google browser?

I don't have an O2 App especially.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 149953 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@longjohn 

No matter if app or through browser.

Just don't open the ones you don't want to waste your data.

Message 5 of 5