Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivation of iphone

Dennisbrett
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I lost my phone 10 days ago, I reported it lost and a block was put on my phone. The phone was found the next morning in my friends car so I called back and requested phone to be activated. 10 days have passed and It still does not work despite having been sent a new sim. I have called several times and each time I am told it will take 24 hrs to activate. I am still without a phone. I run my own business and it is affecting my income and stresss levels. I have paid a lot for the phone which I cannot use and I now have to find another device to put SIM card into. Any advice?. I am think of taking o2 to court out of principle. Do you think they may send me a temp phone to use until they activate it.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38860 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Hound O2 on Social Media, links below this post, and call them at around 08:15, the full number for 202 is

From a landline0344 809 0202Standard UK rate
From abroad+44 7860 980 202Free†

They need to lift the bar they put on your account as well as the IMEI bar on the handset - Guide: O2 BARs 

And if you need to complain, here are the links, it can take a a few weeks, so you will need a temporary phone and SIM (which O2 rarely provide unless you are covered by their insurance and the phone has been damaged, and then not guaranteed) from somewhere: 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Good luck, @Dennisbrett.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

pgn
  • 38860 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Hound O2 on Social Media, links below this post, and call them at around 08:15, the full number for 202 is

From a landline0344 809 0202Standard UK rate
From abroad+44 7860 980 202Free†

They need to lift the bar they put on your account as well as the IMEI bar on the handset - Guide: O2 BARs 

And if you need to complain, here are the links, it can take a a few weeks, so you will need a temporary phone and SIM (which O2 rarely provide unless you are covered by their insurance and the phone has been damaged, and then not guaranteed) from somewhere: 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Good luck, @Dennisbrett.

Message 2 of 13

Dennisbrett
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for your help. I will make a complaint. Maybe I can hire a phone. 

Message 3 of 13

Dennisbrett
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called again today and was refused to be put through to a supervisor. I was promised a call back and a temp phone. I did not receive the call back. I called again and there was no record of a phone ordered. I asked to speak with the same person as he told me it will only be him dealing with this one case. I was not put through. I was told the same thing I was told ten days ago your phone will be reactivated with 24 hrs. I have lost all hole I have literally spent hours calling in and reboot my phone several times everyday. The phone cost my over £1000 and now I have to buy one because they continuously fail to reactivate it. I made a complaint by email and have not received a call back or an email yet. I have done all I can do and now seriously thinking about leaving o2 for another provider. I will take this matter to an ombudsman to court. I will try to get legal help on this. Its crazy to be told the same thing everyday to wait another 24 hrs with an apology.

Message 4 of 13

Dennisbrett
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Funny thing is I have came on this chat as a last resort and I posted the same thing twice and they came back straight away telling me I in breach and removed one of the messages. yet no one can actually contact me to reactivate my phone.

Message 5 of 13

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Dennisbrett I am glad I have been able to assist you with your IMEI bar and you are all back working .

signature
Message 6 of 13

Dennisbrett
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I manged to post here to community forum manager Emma she was fantastic and resolved the issue for me.

Message 7 of 13

Dennisbrett
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emma, thanks again for sorting this for me. How come you could lift it and all other were not able to. Ten days of call yet one forum session with you and done. Thanks again I am very pleased you helped me slight_smile

Message 8 of 13

pgn
  • 38860 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Glad Emma was able to get you sorted - this morning it seemed as if you had posted the same question in a number of places. Usually one post is enough for it to be handed over to one of the Community O2 Advisors, of which Emma is one.

All's well that ends well, @Dennisbrett 👍

Message 9 of 13

Brianf1987
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emma wondering if you can assist me with the same issue been 2 days now and there saying it’s lifted evertine I calll them it’ll be another 24hours the imei number is [Removed]

Message 10 of 13