Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive data usage

Kerstin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have switched to a O2 mifi contract with 95gb three months ago from EE with 60gb. I stream regularly (bbc iplayer, all4, amazon prime) and listen to internet radio. I just about managed with the 60gb, but since the switch I use up data much more quickly and use 60gb in about half a month. I don‘t know why this is happening. Is there a way how I can analyse which device is using how much data at which times? I have the suspicion that the o2 network has more bandwidth, therefore the streaming uses higher quality, but I can‘t find what app it is. Thank you!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149987 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Kerstin 

Go into the settings for each app and change the download from auto to lower quality streaming.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Kerstin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have done that already where I could find an option (not for iplayer?). My question was if I can analyse the data usage in more detail anywhere. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149987 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
You can't from the mifi that I am aware of, hence my answer to help reduce data use, but if you stream to a tablet you can download apps that recorded data use so you can see where it's going.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4