Did you mean: 

A few questions for Android lovers! :D

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys! How's your day going?

I've got a few questions related to your Android phones that I'd love to hear about! grin

Here goes:

• Which phone(s) do you have?
  • What's the best thing(s) for you in your Android phone?
  • What thing(s) are you not so satisfied with, and would like to change?
  • Customisation. There's a lot of things you can do with Android to make it more your own... How do you customise yours? slight_smile

Looking forward to your comments! 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Galaxy S3, Sony Z1 and Z5 and Z3 tablet.
Pros are customisation and the ability to load different ROMs to try.
Negs are sometimes things don't go smoothly due to the variability of ROMs so compatibility isn't always guaranteed.
Mods for me these days are mainly limited to different themes although in the past I have ported ROMs onto different phones such as running 7.0 on my S3 that Samsung stopped supporting years ago.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 21

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Hi @Marjo. I have the Samsung Galaxy S8+.

What is the best things in my phone: my music, my games, the Skype app which keeps me in face-to-face touch with friends around the UK and in the US, the quality of the videos in Amazon Prime Video and in my 'On Demand' apps, the speed of downloads and app updates, that log-ins are remembered so I don't have to type them in again and the beautiful look of my phone.

There is nothing I would change on my phone.

I customise my phone with different home screen pics I have downloaded from the Google Play Store. By removing Samsung apps I won't use and adding apps I do. By using Game Launcher to 'store' all my game apps. By having different ringtones for my friends so I know who is ringing me. By having my apps in alpha order.

I'm having a great day: the sun is shining it's not too hot so all good. Hope the above gives you an idea why I love android and Samsung 😉
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 21

paddyguy
Level 4: Observant
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i would like to know when the samsung A3 get the nougat update and its a sim free phone 😊
Message 4 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
If it's sim free you need to ask Sammy as nothing to do with o2 mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 21

paddyguy
Level 4: Observant
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
ok thanks m15 😉 and i have done they cant tell me anything as yet and love the samsung A3 2016
Message 6 of 21

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@paddyguy wrote:
ok thanks m15 😉 and i have done they cant tell me anything as yet and love the samsung A3 2016

What do you like about it the most, @paddyguy? slight_smile

Message 7 of 21

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

I've recently become the owner of an S8+, after a rather unfortunate incident involving Kate Tempest, a field, a pint of cider and my Huawei P9 plus, haha.

What's not to love about it? Technologically it's the best phone I've ever owned, and so far it does everything I need plus an awful lot more besides. I've not really had a proper chance to finish setting it all up how I like it yet, but I'm getting there.

For me, my Android phone has become a hub for my life - it's my point of contact both personal and business, it organises my life, it manages my money, it takes photos and video, amuses me when I'm bored, takes care of the shopping, keeps me healthy, heck it even sings to me (including Happy Birthday nowadays LOL)

It's a hefty investment, but a very worthwhile one indeed. slight_smile 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which phone: Huawei P9
What's the best thing: The camera
What are you not so satisfied with: Lack of updates.
Customisation: Nova launcher with Google Pixel style app drawer...it transforms the phone!
Message 9 of 21

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Wa10 how did you get your S8+ to sing to you? I would love mine to sing to me; perhaps not happy birthday, many of my friends will be singing it to me in just over 4 weeks!

And your so right my phone is at the centre if my life too. I would be lost without it. I pay my rent through my phone, do all my on-line shopping through my phone and get answers to all sorts of questions. It's my point of contact to the outside world without leaving my chair.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 10 of 21