Did you mean: 

o2 disconnected me for no reason

La11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Very angry, had an issue with o2 they didnt bother responding to a complaint or I didnt get a manager call back, over a minor issue but I wanted it investigated. 

I got so fed up of no call back or complaint not being registered, I gave 30 days notice to cancel, all agreed.

2 weeks later I thought I will just forget about it as its too hard to get through and I dont want to lose Volt benefits so I called them an explained all and stated CLEARLY I dont want to leave,

They said they will stop the disconnection due in 2 weeks, all good, I forgot about it.

Come christmas day I have no service and have got disconnected.

When I was so clear on the phone and double check everything at the end of the call why did they do that.

Called up and no one had an answer but said they have filled in a form to get the back team to reconnect.

No money is owned and its their fault, so will this be ok as I cant get PAC they said until its active again or I would be gone. Any idea if this is possible to reconnect 2 days after disconnection same number and is this true about pac as webistes says I can get pac 30 days after disconnecting?

Really fed up.

Thanks

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94386 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

La11
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I think its important for this info to be here JIC someone years or days down the line reads it as I did with other peoples post when I phoned O2 CS which Id never needed to do before then found out how wrong they all operate.

Update, O2 exec complaints phoned me once, offered some poxy amound of £ then didnt follow up the call 2 weeks later even though I didnt say yes or no (the call disconnected might be my signal TBF ) and they agreed. They dont want to investigate just look at it offer few months line rental then move on to the next one. No!

He could have sorted it out with me but their wait times are a joke so they can all go to hell, communications ombudsmen accepted the case in 3 days, I copied all emails now I have done a DSAR request from o2 which they HAVE to give me with NO CHARGE .

Think now O2 have this time and cost forced on them to be held accountable Im not bothered what I get out of it. Period. 

Message 22 of 30

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9700 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@La11 

Please keep us updated on developments.  

Message 23 of 30

La11
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

100% I will, Its important for other people to see going to the communications ombudsmen isnt a big deal.

Its just when they wouldnt reconnect it and also wouldnt give me the PAC, that was it. I was going to raise it externally anyway as people like O2 bank on people being ok after the event.

Message 24 of 30

Oxonian
  • 9700 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@La11 

Agreed, please keep us informed.....

Message 25 of 30

La11
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Commuications ombudsmen said they will decided it this week. I just sent them all info I had, not even the SAR as that can take 30 days but they said thats not essential at present.

O2 presented their case. Laughable, they just showed a SS of the line being disconnected and said we made a mistake with the PAC but would like you to come back.

Complete misrepresentation of the situation so I filled in the CO with emails and proof. O2 really dont care.

Well, I found out I dont have to pay the case fee, they do, So Im going on.

Message 26 of 30

Oxonian
  • 9700 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@La11 

Very interesting. Please keep us updated ! 👍 

Message 27 of 30

La11
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Communications ombudsmen agreed with everything I said as I provided proof and O2 didnt upload the real evidence so I uploaded information from my SAR request which o2 still didnt provide all of that but was enough to make them look like what they are, which we all now what that is.

Escalated the decision from the ombudsmen as I wanted for it to be looked at , at a senior level and they agreed with everything and said the amount of money I am getting is good for this type of issue.

Company has to pay and apologise . Result gets registered with Ofcom etc so its worth doing IDC about the money but this would have cost them time and money, all their own fault. Now I am happy but will never use them again ever. 

Message 28 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94386 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Oxonian
  • 9700 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@La11