Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 coverage in Sheffield is a joke

mike_w
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am so tired of having no coverage in Sheffield. We used to have way better signal but now it’s awful and even with almost full bars on 5g it’s like zero connectivity! Why please and can I have my money back you are wasting my time! My next door neighbours on different networks are totally fine and it’s just not good enough 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38795 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Repairs to masts can take ages, @mike_w - if you have the patience, download O2's My Network app, set up a password for it and configure it to watch places you frequent. It does report back to O2 in the background - https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network and lets you know when work is planned and completed.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

japitts
Level 8: Talented
  • 238 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@mike_w wrote:

I am so tired of having no coverage . .....even with almost full bars

I suspect your issue is not one of poor coverage, but of network congestion within good coverage areas. If friends and relatives on different networks are fine, that suggests O2 simply doesn't have enough network capacity in your area.

Capacity improvements that are quick to deploy, usually are.

Message 3 of 5

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9651 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11638 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@mike_w 

I live in Sheffield and apart from one mast failure, which was delayed been fixed, due to landlord access issues I dont have any issues, which is the same with EE, the only network that is dire is Three.. 

And I go from the City Centre, to Meadowhell and also up Ecclesall Road and Crookes, Hillsborough and towards Crystal Peaks.. 

Where abouts in Sheffield are you having issues??

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 5