Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing phone

Dunc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I started a new contract at the start of June with an Iphone 14 which never arrived as the courier lost it. Within my cooling off period I attempted to cancel the entire contract however, 2 months down the line and 2 bills in it is still not cancelled and still showing as I owe £790 !!!!! This is absolutely disgusting behaviour from O2 and I'm now at the end of my tether. I've submitted a complaint with the CEO cc'd in but no reply and also sent it to the ombudsman. I've come off the phone this morning with O2 and the guy reckons he's sorted it. I have a cancellation date now of 1 August then I will get my final bill which I can guarantee will come back at £700+ pound for this flaming handset. I hope I'm wrong but nobody I've spoken to in the last 2 months has filled me with any confidence and I quite frankly can't wait to be rid of O2 completely. Assuming they have got it right this time I then need to try and claw back 3 month worth of refunds for bills, approx 15 hours of phone calls to O2 and compensation. The moral of this story is avoid O2 at all costs. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38819 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

A bit of a calamity, yes - this may help, and the section on Resolver has proven useful in such cases: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Good luck, if O2 and courier have relevant records, it should be possible to recoup all of the charged costs, but not so sure about your time and inconvenience, @Dunc - and an e-mail to O2 is difficult enough, never mind the CEO!

Message 2 of 6

Dunc
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just this minute had the phone disconnected after 1 hour on the phone again and still no further forward. Complaint now passed to the Ombudsman. The latest customer services person went down the route of " I need to get the reference number from the courier then we can cancel the early cancellation fee" 😡 I instantly stopped him in his tracks and accussed him of stalling to get me off the phone, 3 others have already got this reference number over the past 2 months so it's a stalling tactic. I demanded a manager gets involved but with that I was treated to being on hold for a further 20 mins then to have my call cancelled down. What is the matter with this joke of a company 

Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12683 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

I'll mention the community advisor currently on duty to see if they can do anything, but as a complaint has been raised it might be out of their hands @Dunc 

Can you see if you can do anything to help please @O2Sarah- ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@Dunc I will send you a private message so I can see if there is anything we can do. 

Message 5 of 6

Dunc
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @gmarkj, I did get some very brief interaction with @O2Sarah- however, no solutions or feedback has been received. I am another week further into this with no end in sight. Can you please look into this for me. I need this contract cancelled and all fees cleared ASAP as I need to arrange alternative service with another CP. As already mentioned I cannot afford 2 contracts so this is now a matter of urgency as the service I have just does not work. Please help

Message 6 of 6