cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appaling O2 service, failing to adhere to contract and attempted theft. Will Complain to OFCOM

Dave24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the misfortune to sign up to a Virgin Broadband - O2 Volt contract and have to deal with appalling customer support and poor service particularly from Virgin (lots of broadband outages, faulty equipment, engineers leaving before fixing faults, shockingly poor customer services etc). However until recently I was stuck in contract with an early termination charge. However virgin tried to increase the cost of the service in contract which meant I could terminate the contract (including the O2 portion) without an early termination fee.
The below is the text from the email (verbaitum):
"If you're not happy with any of the changes announced in this email, including those to our out of home WiFi hotspots and pricing terms and conditions, you can change or cancel your package, including your Volt O₂ sim, any time before 4th April 2023, without paying any cancellation fees."
Obviously, I choose to terminate. It took 1Hr30mins of hard sell before I was able to terminate the virgin contract (they would take no for an answer- the appalling customer service I have come to expect from this company). Obviously they could not cancel the O2 part of the contract (again shockingly poor customer service) so I was then put through to o2 where I had to proceed to inform numerous customer support agents of the situations with all but the last person informing me that I need to pay an early termination fee.
After informing a customer support agent I would be making a complaint to OFCOM, I was put through to a UK operative who informed me that I was correct and that a credit would be applied to my account to remove the early termination fee. 
Imagine my surprise when I just got a text message informing me that my bill this month is 57.89.
Just the sort of customer support you should expect when you have a contract. I have tried to contact customer support and get a response "No one is available" so I will be reporting the incident to OFCOM.
Let this be a warning to anyone signing up to contracts with this company.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149971 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

Go for it @Dave24 

Nothing to lose wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 11